Air Conditioner Blowing Warm Air?
Why does air conditioner start blowing warm air? Start with the basics: is your unit switched to the “cool” setting and not “fan?” Make sure it’s set on cool.
If your system is in the right setting, there are a few other causes for the warm air blowing:
- Clogged Air Filter
- A dirty, clogged air filter can block air flow. It can also cause a backup, and damage coils inside of the air conditioner. Make sure that you change the air filters regularly so that this problem doesn’t happen.
- If your air conditioner is more complicated, then simply have a professional at Wade Heating & Air Conditioning change the filter for you. It can be part of your maintenance agreement.
- Broken Compressor
- If your compressor isn’t working, then the AC will not be able to make cold air. This requires a professional at Wade Heating & Air to fix.
- Refrigerant Leak or Low Refrigerant Levels
- This is one of the most common causes of the warm air problem. Contact Wade Heating & Air for your repair appointment. Only professionals need to add refrigerant to your system.
Your best bet is to call in a professional to give the system a full-service check and look for any problems and fix them. This way, your AC will be putting out cold air all summer and not leave you stranded in a hot house.
Call Wade Heating and Air to get your AC fixed today.