As a homeowner, doing regular home maintenance is a great way to keep service calls to a minimum. Your HVAC system is one of those items that you need to maintain on a regular basis to keep it in good working order, especially during the warmer months of the year.
Here are some home air conditioning repair tips to keep your air conditioning repair calls less frequent.
- Install a Digital Thermostat
- A digital thermostat is a great way to gauge the temperature in a room more accurately. These devices are much easier to set than a traditional thermostat. You can set and program the thermostat to turn the unit on and off whenever you want. You can save energy while ensuring that the temperature in a room is always regulated. Using an old-fashioned, inefficient thermostat can cause the unit to work harder than necessary and lead to problems with your system over time.
- Keep the Attic Clear (if your unit is in attic)
- Another way to avoid major air conditioning repair is to make sure your attic is well ventilated. As the weather becomes warmer, you should clear out any unnecessary clutter that can keep air from properly circulating in the attic. Too much clutter makes it more difficult for the unit to efficiently cool the house.
- Check the Freon in the HVAC Unit
- Freon and other refrigerants are needed for the system to cool the air that comes into the house. If the Freon is too low, you could have a leak, which needs immediate repair.
- Change Filters Regularly
- One of the easiest and least expensive ways to avoid air conditioner repair calls is to change the air filters on a regular basis. Filters should be replaced every after 3 months. However, if you live in a dusty climate, you may need to change them even more often. Having a dirty filter can lead to inferior air quality and a less efficient unit.
By keeping your unit in good condition, you reduce the need for substantial air conditioner repair in the future. In addition to doing your maintenance, you should also have a professional technician at Wade Heating & Air check your unit twice a year to do any necessary maintenance. Contact Wade Heating and Air to have a thorough inspection of your HVAC system done.